Sunday 12 April 2020

Glaze pallets

I made some glaze pallets so I could see how well the various colours worked on stoneware and the difference between the local buff clay and pb103. I’ve done this in the past, creating two test tiles with and without a titanium white base glaze.

It was important to make some new tiles because I’ve purchased some new colours and I needed to see what the impact of multiple layers was. These will be critical to making the colour choices for an upcoming collaboration.



Left- PB103, right - buff. Each divot is top third 1 layer, middle 2 and base 3 layers. The top 20 colours are the Chrysanthos glazes. The bottom glazes are five selections from the Glazeit pallet which I suspect are Duncan underglaze. Black is Cesco ebony brush on underglaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment