Tuesday 26 January 2021

Tiny ewer of success!




 The tiny ewer came out of the kiln yesterday and I couldn’t be more pleased. I thin this is one of those objects that will just make me smile for years to come. I love how well the sultanabad pattern I designed came out. It is perfect for the ballooned shape of the jug.

I also love the spout. I was never really happy with the elongated original. It wasn’t quite like the reference pictures and I didn’t like the balance. It was going to be a lot of work to modify once it’s been fired to bisque and I wasn’t confidant I’d be able to maintain the balance of the piece.

Once a bulk of the lip had accidentally chipped off, I sanded it back and cleaned it up with a kitchen scourer. One fresh coat of clear gloss later and lovely! So much happier and so glad an accident made the object even better than I was original planning.


No comments:

Post a Comment