Monday, 17 September 2012

Cream and purple T-Tunic Finished!

The cream and purple t-tunic didn't exactly go to plan. The initial idea was to use the cream wool blankets as the main body of the t-tunic and decorate with dark purple linen and embroidery. Unfortunately as you can see in the picture below, I didn't realise there were moth holes in the wool until after I'd cut out the tunic. I have darned the holes, somewhat messily because they don't teach you this stuff in school anymore, but it's not what I'd consider a 'good' tunic. So, instead of using the dark purple linen, I used the left over purple linen from the embroidery sampler experiment. I stitched the sleeve bands on like Dash requested just so I could see how effective the stitch is. It's annoyingly painful to do (I have no patience) and I don't think it looks all that good. I might try something else on the next tunic, a dark purple and black one. In the mean time, he has a warm t-tunic to hang out in near the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment