Monday 29 June 2015

GNW knife

At Great Northern War i actually went to an Arts n Sciences class and made something! Martyn Wynn-Huges (Martyn the Blacksmith) runs a drop by blacksmith area. He provides hammers, a couple of anvils, a forge and plenty of advice and lets people make a huge range of things on his equipment. He also lets heavy fighters wander over and helps them fix broken equipment. He supervised me and 5 others while we worked on a variety of knives, S hooks and miscellaneous projects. My knife took me 2.5 hours to make with Martyn only providing one heating worth of labor (I was away fetching water) as well as sharpening.

I'm very happy with how it came out and will probably go back to learn more things next year! It's probably the sharpest knife in my house right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment