Sunday 14 February 2016

Octopus embroidery



When  Beth and Gib won crown I was so excited for them. Like anyone in their circle of friends I was bursting with ideas, and suggestions and opinions. I quickly realised that they'd be getting advice from -everyone- and I should just channel my energy and excitement into something actually possibly useful. I started these the day they won, and finished them after my move to Perth had me spending Christmas alone. It's been a while since I embroidered anything and I'm rather pleased with how these came out. I designed them myself to make a sort of knot work octopus. I have no idea what they might be used for, I thought perhaps they could be appliqued to a bag or something for the ladies in waiting to carry around. Or maybe on some cute small child garb?

No comments:

Post a Comment