6 people ended up painting ceramic objects which I didn't anticipate. 3 cups (Beths is still to be fired) and three tiles (because I had them sitting around). Louisa's skills blew me away (the bamboo) and I especially like the cups by Janet and Vivien. Vee was also interested but couldn't settle on a design, so she's doing research until I run the Krae Glas session.
Things for next time:
- Bring more bisque if possible - people standing around tend to want to join in.
- Bring more examples to prevent artists-block
- Supervise EVERYONE as the concept of "a little glaze" has multiple interpretations.
- This is not a class for children unless they are supervised by their parents (especially younger ones)
- Don't buy a pack of pencils just for the 6B, people are likely to utilise the wrong ones accidentally.
- Don't feel awkward about charging for materials.
- Explain dark over light shading and three layers multiple times, with examples if possible.
- Don't plan on doing any work yourself.